As you know the moms at Two Moms Review love to clean with a steam cleaner. Why? No harsh chemicals and steam gets your home a level of clean you can’t get any other way. Plus, it’s fun to clean with a steam cleaner. You can clean your car, floors, shower/bathroom, mirrors and much more.
Today we’re going to tell you about our favorite steam cleaner that we’ve used over and over…The Dupray Neat steam cleaner. When you buy a Dupray Neat with THIS LINK you’ll automatically save 5%. Doesn’t work for Amazon link below, but you can read reviews there.
If you want to see the Dupray clean a real life mess, we show it steam cleaning a filthy shower with yellow mold and soap scum near the end of this review below.
First we want you to know that we’re not being paid to review the Dupray but if you buy it on Amazon we earn a small commission at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting our videos! We changed our name on our YouTube Channel to Clean Freak & Germaphobe. Subscribe here.
We previously reviewed the Dupray Tosca but it’s a $900+ machine (if you still want their Tosca professional steam cleaner Tosca, click here or here it is on Amazon. Check out our Dupray Tosca video review here. The Tosca has larger, more sturdy accessories, has hotter steam and more pressure. But it may be more than most people need. I have both and find it easier to grab the Neat for most jobs. If you have a larger budget, the Hill Injection has the feature where you can put cleaner in the water and you do not have to let it cool down to refill it.
So we were thrilled when we learned that Dupray came out with a new model that’s more affordable – around $150. It’s called the Dupray Neat.
Join us as we dive further into our steam cleaning addiction with this new, smaller, more sleek steam cleaner.
Neat Steam Cleaner Review
First of all, this steam cleaner fits it’s name – it is neat! It was released in May 2018 and made Amazon’s bestseller’s list in its first weeks. The Neat steam cleaner is made by Dupray and it’s the only model we know of that they sell exclusively on Amazon. Yes, they made this model just for Amazon.
The Neat is a much lower price point than their other models – at $150 – so we want to know is it any good? Did they skimp on the accessories and go too cheap or is it still the quality we expect from Dupray?
This video is more of an overview than a review but it was when we first opened it:
The accessories such as the floor, triangle and mirror tools are slightly smaller, but you get a lot for your money and the quality on everything is the same as their higher end model, which is pretty amazing.
- 1 Rectangular Floor Tool – comes with clamps if you want to put a microfiber cloth on over the bristles.
- 3 Microfiber Pads for the mop
- 1 Window Tool (squeegee)
- 2 Extension Tubes
- 1 Lance
- 1 Microfiber Cloth – but we love the Norwex brand cloths, more expensive but they hold up the best. We’ll put a link to those in the product description.
- 1 Triangular Tool to get in corners
- 1 Triangular Tool Microfiber Bonnet (fits over the triangle tool to keep it from scratching)
- 5 Nylon Brushes (great because you’re covered if they wear out)
- 1 Brass Brush (perfect for stoves, ovens, bbqs or baked on/stubborn jobs)
- 1 Addfresh fragrance disc
Ok, now on to the actual steam. The Neat heats to 275° and takes about 7 minutes to heat up.
- The Dupray Neat uses ordinary tap water – no need to use distilled. You do need to flush it out after about 20 hours of use so you get the most life from your Neat steam cleaner but upkeep is super simple. We HIGHLY recommend that you dump out any extra water when you’re done cleaning and don’t let it sit in the tank. Also, using distilled water will prolong the life of your steam cleaner. I started using tap water but now I use distilled. If you leave water sitting in there you get these white chunks which are minerals from the water. Over time they can affect the longevity of your machine.
- Tank holds 54 oz. of water for almost an hour 50 min. of cleaning time.
- The Neat is lightweight and portable with a retractable handle that fits right into the unique cube design. It’s also easy to grasp and carry around. Super simple design to turn it off and on. Just push in the button and wait for it to turn green to start cleaning.
- The Neat weighs 9 lbs without water.
See the Dupray in action cleaning a dirty shower in this short video
One feature we like to see in a steam cleaner is a lock so you don’t have to hold the button down on your own. So we like that the Neat has a lock on the handle.
- Filling up the Neat is simple – you just unscrew the cap and fill until the water pools around the top. It has a built in funnel.
- Easy storage with the cord that wraps around the bottom and it has wheels on the bottom.
Buy a Dupray Neat – See How Clean Your Home Can Get!
The Dupray Neat has a 3 year warranty and a lifetime warranty on the boiler.