Today Two Moms Review reviews the HomeRight Steam Machine — specifically the HomeRight C800880 SteamMachine Steamer. This is a home steam cleaner – perfect for everyday cleaning.
We were not compensated for this review but were given one so we could demonstrate it for you.
We decided to do a review of this steam cleaner after we got a comment from a fan on our YouTube channel. We are HUGE fans of this way of cleaning and several videos about how to use a steam cleaner. However, the steam cleaner we used isn’t budget friendly for everyone.
Mark said, “Please, I have a question. I want a steam cleaner so bad, and you have helped convince me I want a good one. I’m on a fixed income. It’s going to take me a while to save for a good machine. In the meantime, I’m still spending money on other products. Would you think it a waste of time to buy a small, handheld tomorrow and save for a better machine 12 months from now?”
This request sent us on a search for the best budget steam cleaner that came in around the $100 price range. You can absolutely get a decent steam cleaner for that price, so we think Mark should go for it. Not everyone needs a professional level steam cleaner and a cheaper one can do the job with some minor drawbacks! We have heard back from Mark and he LOVES his steam cleaner so he’s glad he didn’t wait to get it!
Challenge: buy a steam cleaner on a fixed budget
and should you buy a handheld steam cleaner or a canister?
We decided not to review a handheld steam cleaner since we don’t think they’re often very good quality. Diana’s broke and she threw it away. We really didn’t want to spend time reviewing that when we didn’t feel like it was a great product. Maybe there are other products that are handheld steam cleaners that I didn’t try that works great, and if there is, great, but we decided instead to go one step up. It’s still relatively inexpensive. About $120. It also has so many more features than a handheld so it’s definitely a better bang for your buck.
If you want to learn more general information about steam cleaners, see our post about how to use a steam cleaner.
It comes with an attachment to clean windows, a mop, and various small brushes for detail work. We really wish they came out with larger brushes. It comes with these extenders to the end so that you can reach high and get ceilings and walls.
Watch our full review video to see the Home Right in action:
PROS of the Homeright Steam Cleaner
- The steam cleaner has a compartment on the front that holds your attachments so you won’t lose them.
- Lightweight (8 lbs) and easy to move.
- Heats up to 200 degrees. According to the CDC, you need to reach a temperature of 176 degrees in order to kill the influenza virus. Most bacteria are killed with anything, any temperature above 120. Temperature-wise, it is more than hot enough to kill germs and bacteria.
- Has a handle and wheels to make it easy to move from room to room.
- Lock features so your steam cleaner stays on and you don’t have to press the button in the whole time you’re cleaning.
- Price is right near the $100 range.
- 2 year warranty.
- Has a wallpaper removal tool.
- Drain feature lets you flush out mineral buildup, though we recommend using distilled water.
CONS of the Homeright Home Steam Cleaner
- The attachments aren’t very durable and can wear out fast. Doesn’t have a triangle brush.
- It takes 30 minutes to let the water cool so you can refill the reservoir, then another 8-10 minutes for it to heat up again.
- Made of plastic so won’t last as long as something like the Dupray which is made of steel (but significantly less expensive).